A delicious and hearty, sweet and savory meal to keep you warm this winter.
Honey Roasted Chicken
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup Colorado Hemp Honey
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 3-pound chicken, giblets and excess fat removed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk orange juice, honey, cumin, salt and pepper in bowl.
- Place chicken in nonstick roasting pan, and spoon liquid over chicken.
- Place chicken in oven, legs first, and roast for 10 minutes.
- Spoon accumulated juices back over chicken, reverse pan back to front, and return to oven.
- Repeat four times, basting every 10 minutes and switching pan position each time. If chicken browns too quickly, lower heat a bit.
- After 50 minutes of roasting, insert a thermometer into a thigh; when it reads 155 to 165 degrees, remove chicken from oven, and baste one final time.
Easy Posole with Roasted Chicken
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 25-ounce can white hominy, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded honey roasted chicken
- Add shredded chicken to broth with hominy. Bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with tortilla chips, lime wedges, cilantro leaves, sliced radish, diced pepper, cotija cheese, and avocado.