Creamy Polenta with sautéed greens and honey-whipped goat cheese
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup polenta or yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
For the Polenta: Bring 4 cups water and 1 teaspoon salt to boil in a large saucepan. Gently whisk in polenta stirring constantly until mixture is smooth and begins to thicken. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until tender and thickened but still creamy, stirring often, about 30 minutes. Stir in butter. Season with salt and pepper.
Sautéed Greens Ingredients
- 1 pound Swiss chard or other greens, such as kale, cut into 1/4"-1/2" strips and pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large skillet, heat extra-virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add stems, garlic cloves, and onion and sauté until onion softens. Add the leaves and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Set aside until ready to assemble polenta bowl.
HEMP HONEY- WHIPPED GOAT CHEESE INGREDIENTS
- 5 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 ounces Greek yogurt, full fat is best
- 1 tablespoon Colorado Hemp Honey Raw Relief
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
In the bottom of a stand mixer or food processor, add goat cheese and yogurt. Using the whisk attachment, whisk on high until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Alternatively, if using food processor, mix until smooth. Add in honey, salt and black pepper. Whip another 30 seconds.
For a savory-sweet breakfast, serve polenta in a bowl topped with greens and a scoop of whipped goat cheese. Drizzle honey over everything, if desired, and finish with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.