Makes about 3 dozen
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp plus 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp Tangerine Tranquility honey
- 1 cup chopped cranberries (fresh or dried)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Whisk together flour, baking soda, cornmeal, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Put butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; cream on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in eggs, 1 at a time. Add honey and mix until combined. Add flour mixture; mix on low speed until just combined. Mix in cranberries and thyme.
- Using a tablespoon or a 1 1/2-inch ice-cream scoop, drop rounded balls of dough onto lined sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake, rotating and switching positions of sheets about halfway through, until pale golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer cookies, on parchment, to a wire rack. Let cool completely.