Experience the unique flavors of a classic mojito recipe that still keeps the limes and mint, but brings in Lemon Relax Colorado Hemp Honey instead of raw sugar to impart some added natural sweetness, earthy flavor and a touch or organic lemon brightness to the summertime favorite. Great with your favorite white rum or without as tasty mocktail.
For the mojito
Handful of fresh mint
1 lime cut into 6 wedges
2 tablespoons mint honey simple syrup or to taste (recipe follows)
7-8 large ice cubes, or enough to fill glassware of choice
1 1/2 fluid ounces white rum (if using)
1/2 cup club soda
large cocktail glass
- Place mint leaves and 3 lime wedges into a sturdy glass with a large mouth. Using a muddler, mix lime wedges and mint together. Add 2 more lime wedges and the honey syrup and muddle again to release the lime juice.
- Fill the glass to the top with ice. Pour the rum over the ice if using. Top off the glass with club soda.
- Stir, taste, and add more honey syrup if needed. Garnish with the remaining lime wedge and a sprig of fresh mint.
For the mint honey simple syrup
1/4 cup water
1 cup Lemon Relax Colorado Hemp Honey
8 fresh mint leaves (more if leaves are smaller)
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Bring honey to a simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Strain honey through a sieve to remove mint leaves. Syrup can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.